originally was a response post on my tumblr
but I figure it'd be nice to upload it here for people not watching me there so COPY PASTAS HERE
--------Oh no, don’t worry about it, it’s just fine! DoREM got a bit delayed due to some real-life matters Fumi and I have been dealing with, but it’s still chugging along!
And I’ll take this opportunity to shed some light on the new system we worked out which is honestly my favorite part lkmglkdg. Since levels will now be up to the player, we wanted different incentives—but for us, RP groups should be about… Well, RPing! So instead of rewards for art and etc, we reward you just for RPing and RPing with new people (this is also to avoid the dreaded RP group “cliques” that form)! If you know anything about us it’s that we are HUGE on community so that’s been our primary focus. CHECK UNDER THE CUT FOR THE COPYPASTA
Here at DoREM we like to consider ourselves an RP group over anything else (art, etc). We think that RPs should be worth the most here, and really want to nurture that and encourage everyone to RP and not be shy! So, instead of counted exp for extras such as art, writing, compositions, and so on we’ve devised a simple system to hopefully get the RP train rolling.
We have two different rewards:
In this, you get the good stuff just for doing what you’re supposed to do. Every RP your character participates in, we’ll put their name in a hat. These will build up and be reset on a monthly basis . At the end of the month, we’ll draw a name and that character/player gets the reward. You can choose from:
1. A special character event! We’ll work out a special plot revolving around your character. These may range, but will usually end up with your character receiving information, items, and so on that may help them in a future story event. There may be different turn outs as well!
2. If you’d rather a more physical (er) reward, you can opt to get sketches of your character from our mods over the character event.
Meet and Greet:
Meet and greet rewards are similar to the Basic RP ones, but with different criteria. We want this to get people to really get out of their boxes and RP with everyone, so why not some encouragement? If your character interacts with a certain number of other characters, their names will be entered into another prize drawing. The value of the prize increases with the amount of characters you interact with!
10 characters: One sketch from a mod.
20 characters: Small character event or one sketch.
30 characters: Medium character event or two sketches.
50 characters: Full character event or three sketches.
Note: Once you cycle through the specified amount of characters, we’ll start over from the beginning and you can make your way back up the tier ladder.
(NUMBERS/REWARDS SUBJECT TO CHANGE DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH INTEREST WE GET. You can’t meet 50 different characters if there are only like 17 RPers sdgklmlg)
1. The RP must be IC.
2. It can not be AU.
3. Must exceed a certain amount of lines.
4. Must be uploaded to count (keep a log, preferably on GoogleDocs! Then note them to us, and we’ll move them all into an RP folder on GoogleDocs every weekend so everyone can keep track).
5. NPC encounters do not count as meeting new characters.
6. RPs must be with members of DoREM.
OKAY THAT’S IT LOL SORRY FOR THE TL;DR FUCK ME